Even the most well-loved and well-maintained homes sometimes need a boost to their curb appeal. Whether you’re preparing to list your house for sale or you’re simply a homeowner who takes pride in your property, the following tips from the experts at MasterWorks Painting & Remodeling should be helpful.
Up Your Curb Appeal
- Start by going for a walk or drive around your neighborhood, and pay close attention to people’s properties. What stands out for you when it comes to curb appeal? Perhaps it’s a particular style of window shutters or a paint trim color, or maybe you’ve spotted vinyl siding with a certain wood grain that looks like real cedar planks. Once you notice the details that you like, you’ll be able to tell your contractor exactly what you’re looking for.
- If your home needs exterior paint and you aren’t sure which colors to choose, do some research, and talk to your house painter to find out which colors would traditionally have been used for that particular architectural style. This can lead you in a direction you might not have previously considered.
- Pay attention to necessary repairs. While cosmetic upgrades sometimes have more immediate visual impact, staying on top of regular maintenance will pay off in the long run. Roofing, along with gutters and downspouts that have been damaged or neglected, may need to be repaired or replaced, and the same goes for outdated or damaged doors and windows.
- Don’t forget the landscaping! Keeping the shrubs pruned, garden beds weeded, mulch fresh, and lawn edged can have a huge impact on your home’s curb appeal.
- Finally, add a few finishing touches that show you care. Power wash the concrete, install some landscape lighting, and add a few pots of colorful flowers, a welcome mat, or a seasonal wreath on the front door.
When it’s time to upgrade your Fairfax, VA, home’s curb appeal, call the home-improvement professionals you can trust. Contact MasterWorks Painting & Remodeling at (703) 263-3302 for an estimate today.