When you’re trying to sell your home in a competitive market, not only should it sparkle with a new coat of paint, it should stand out from the crowd. By taking on a few upgrades to make your Fairfax home more energy efficient, you can attract buyers who are looking for a house that is environmentally-friendly and that will save them money in the long run. The professionals at MasterWorks Painting & Remodeling know this could make the difference between a quick sale and your property sitting on the market for months.
We aren’t suggesting you spend tens of thousands of dollars on a geothermal heating system that you will never get payback out of but we are suggesting that you look into ways to make your home more efficient so that you can market it as being “green” and get higher offers and a faster sale.
Green Home Remodeling
If you are doing any kitchen remodeling or bathroom remodeling to prep the house for sale, many eco-friendly options are not much more expensive than standard options. Select:
• light fixtures that use LED bulbs instead of incandescents
• energy-efficient appliances with Energy Star ratings
• low-flow faucets, showerheads, and toilets
• consider materials made with recycled content or that come from sustainable sources for flooring, cabinetry, countertops, etc.
Other Green Home Improvements
In other areas of the home, look into these options for energy efficiency:
• Replace the thermostat with a programmable thermostat to help save on heating and cooling bills.
• If the furnace needs replacing, select a high-efficiency model.
• Air leaks through leaky doors and windows are big culprits for energy loss. Have them sealed or replace with new windows.
The team of experts at MasterWorks Painting & Remodeling is dedicated to providing high-quality interior home remodeling and exterior home improvements, as well as residential and commercial painting in Fairfax, Ashburn, Vienna, and Oakton, Virginia. Contact us at (703) 263-3302 for an estimate on any of our home or commercial services today. We have the experience and knowledge to help you improve your house so that you can sell it quickly and move on to bigger and better things.