The endless color options available today can make selecting indoor paint colors somewhat challenging. If you’re painting or remodeling a kitchen or dining room, why not let your favorite foods inspire you? From deep yellow turmeric and crisp green apple to deep espresso brown or mellow oatmeal, food-inspired colors simply make sense in the kitchen.
Let Yourself Be Inspired
- The spice drawer is often the first place people think of looking for bold color inspiration, and for good reason: cinnamon, curry, cardamom, rosemary, and so many other spices offer warm, rich, beautiful, and organic colors.
- Grains, dry goods, and baked goods are great starting points for some of the neutral colors you may want. Here, look to toasted almonds, cornbread, fresh croissants, walnuts, dark chocolate, and all of the other tasty ingredients you’ll find in the pantry.
- For fresh and lively color, you may want to take a stroll through the produce area of the market. Plump raspberries, juicy melon, dark eggplant, light celery…the possibilities are endless.
How Color Affects Us
A great deal of research goes into understanding the effect that color has on our moods and behaviors. For example, we know that red and orange stimulate appetite and conversation while blue has the opposite effect. You may want to read more about the psychology of color before making your final selection if this intrigues you at all. If you’re still unsure, talk to a professional painter or designer who can help you through the decision.
More than Just Walls
Color selection in the kitchen involves so much more than walls. Every material you select involves color in some aspect, and as such should be taken into consideration:
- Cabinetry and countertops
- Light fixtures
- Textiles (drapery, upholstery, tablecloths, accessories, and more)
- Artwork and décor
At MasterWorks Painting & Remodeling, we take pride in offering excellent customer service along with top-quality workmanship. In addition to interior and exterior painting, we also offer interior home remodeling and exterior home improvements in Fairfax, Ashburn, Vienna, Oakton, Reston, and the surrounding Virginia areas. Contact us at (703) 263-3302 for an estimate on any of our residential or commercial services today.