As the leaves begin to turn and the air becomes a little crisper, there are a number of outdoor repairs and home improvements that all homeowners need to address before winter arrives. At MasterWorks Painting & Remodeling, we recommend that you perform a preliminary visual inspection of your home and property now which will allow you to determine what you need to work on yourself or have repaired this fall.
Visual Inspection Checklist
- Look for cracked windows, missing caulking, or gaps around the casings.
- Make sure that all windows and doors open and close easily.
- Ensure there is no peeling or chipped paint on trim work or any other painted surface.
- Check for loose or missing siding or gaps between planks.
- Look for missing or damaged shingles.
- Check for loose, saggy, or damaged gutters and downspouts.
- Remove overgrown plants or shrubs whose roots could damage your home’s foundation.
- Verify that the ground outside the house is sloping away from the structure, not toward it.
If you come across any problems during your initial inspection, make a to-do list, and contact a reputable contractor for a quote. Typical projects that need to be addressed before winter sets in would be door and window replacement, siding installation, gutter installation, and exterior house painting. These types of projects not only keep your home in top condition, but they increase its value, help save you money on your heating bills, and keep you warm and cozy through the coldest months.
When it comes to outdoor home improvements in Virginia, you can trust the experienced professionals at MasterWorks Painting & Remodeling. Contact us today at (703) 263-3302 to receive an estimate on your next home improvement project in Fairfax, VA, and surrounding areas. You might also be interested in browsing through our photo galleries to see our finished work or reading reviews to hear what our recent customers had to say about our services.