Is it time to breathe some new life into your Colonial-style home in Fairfax, Virginia? The superior exterior painting contractors of MasterWorks Painting and Remodeling can help you with the process from start to finish. Our home-improvement services include house painting, window installation, gutter installation, and much more.
Modern Approach to Painting a Colonial Home
When selecting exterior paint colors for your home, consider some of the following tips from a recent article on “This Old House.”
- While black and white may have been the traditional color scheme of Colonial houses, a number of other period color palettes and even modern pops of color work well with this architectural style.
- If you enjoy the high contrast of the traditional palette but want something a little different, slate gray with bright white offers contrast without the starkness of white clapboard.
- Neutrals may be nice, but you can also go with more intense colors. Choosing a dusty blue for the clapboard may seem like a big step, but when paired with white trim and dark shutters, this really is a fabulous color palette for a Colonial.
- Since Colonial-style architecture puts an emphasis on the front door, choosing a stand-out color such as red or burnt orange will accentuate that key element.
- Rich and warm colors offer contrast while making the home seem more earthy and grounded. Light beige with chocolate brown shutters and creamy white trim would be an excellent option, as would a woodsy green with dark gray shutters and white trim.
At MasterWorks, we pride ourselves on providing stress-free painting and remodeling services to our clients while delivering a beautiful end product. We serve Fairfax, Vienna, Oakton, Ashburn, and the surrounding areas of Virginia. Contact us at (703) 263-3302 for a free estimate on your exterior painting and remodeling services. You may also be interested in our other exterior home-improvement services such as window, gutter, and siding installation.